Note: These are previews of the 1st pass layout, so the layout and styling are not 100% final.
Table of ContentsFirst, just for fun, here's a preview of the table of contents.
- The intro gives a bit of an overview of the history and factions in the dungeon.
- It's a decent sized dungeon level, with 57 described areas.
- There are two locations in the dungeon that lend themselves to expansion, where extra levels could easily be added in.
- I'm probably going to have room for a sneaky appendix that gives a little bit of background info on the world which this adventure is set in.
Now a preview of some area descriptions.
A few notes:
- The area descriptions use a format that's highly optimised for ease of use at the table. Descriptions are presented in a minimal format, with bolded words highlighting the main elements. More detail on possible eventualities is broken out into bullet lists.
- Incidentally, this is same format I used in the ENnie nominated Winter's Daughter. The format was such a success that I decided to adopt it as the Necrotic Gnome "house adventure style".
- You don't see any monster listings on this spread, but they follow the standard Old-School Essentials monster format.
- Colour art by James West!
How to Get It?
All backers of the Old-School Essentials Kickstarter will receive a free copy of The Hole in the Oak. If you missed out on the Kickstarter, you can pre-order the adventure (and loads of other goodies!) at our BackerKit pre-order store.